12/23/09

Diversity = Music = Love

I am so happy to see that my number of fans is steadily increasing. On Facebook alone I'm past 600 P. Murray pals, having only reached 500 not more than several weeks ago. It's such a blessing and an amazing feeling to know that people are interested in what you do, enough to want to actually lock into your web presence. I don't know where I'd be without you guys; you are a major part of the ball of Reason that drives my work, and are invaluable, awesome, and just plain COOL. Thank you is too coarse for what I feel.

In addition to these wonderful climbing numbers, what I love about the pals who are tuned in to my music & updates is the sheer diversity of the fanbase. There are folks on my list that I'm sure, if aware of each other, might run the other way, were it not for something that could bring them together (in this case, my music & randomness, LOL). I've got hardcore conservative Republican fundamentalist Christians in a pool with the agnostic gays, some of whom are about to get married (for which I am UBER excited). I've got some of the most deeply pro-Black indie hip-hop bruthas rocking to my pop tunes right along with pre-teen Irish girls. And this, my friends, is the most beautiful thing about music: the ability to bring us all together.

In the coming months, I will be really upgrading and revamping alot of the personal and stage imagery that goes along with the upcoming EP. I want to be able to create art on stage in ways similar to people like Janelle Monae, where you know the music is going to satisfy the avid listener, but also entertain those of you who crave that great stage show. The reason behind this is because of the things I mentioned above; the mark of a great pop artist - in my opinion - is to be able to find common ground with a diverse fan base. And as someone who is always music-focused, I pray and am confident that I will be able to strike that happy medium between good music and inspiring performance.

So, my wonderful Pals, to you I owe even more thanks, because the hard work that will be going into cultivating the P. Murray live experience can most definitely be accredited to you. Your various creeds, thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences are duly noted and will be used to bring to life "First Draft," as well as all that is to come after. Keep rockin' with me, there's much to do, but there will be lots to enjoy!

0 comments: